As I look out my 20th floor window on this dreary day, I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a great family, good health, tremendous friends and business is good. So since my last blog entry was so well received, I decided I would do another list. Please see the list below (some serious, some funny) of things I am thankful for on Thanksgiving Eve 2011. 1. The move to CBRE earlier this year has been better than expected. The people and the platform have outperformed our expectations. Even our clients have felt the positive impact and greater scope of services we are able to offer.
2. I am amazingly thankful that I was able to personally witness Derek Jeter's 3000th hit and Mariano Rivera's record-breaking save. These two players have been the cornerstones of the Yankees my entire adult life. Being there for their personal achievements will be something I remember for a long time.
3. I discovered Twitter this year. It's an amazing resource if used properly. I am still a novice, but every time I log in, I find something that makes me smarter. If you aren't a follower yet, I am @JNeuer19 for those so inclined.
4. Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band are touring in 2012. No explanation needed. Sixteen years ago tonight, I saw Bruce at The Count Basie Theater. Time flies.
5. The CoStar iPad app continues to be a great resource. I use it on every space tour. If you use CoStar and have an iPad and aren't using it...well, you should be. I am also thankful that they included in their promotional video which prompted me to shave my beard. Yikes.
6. While I feel like I have a lot more to learn, I am glad that I am thirteen years in to my real estate career. My brother started with CBRE in January, fresh out of college. I don't miss being a new broker.
7. PR guys never get enough credit. John Yocca from Beckerman PR has been a tremendous help with this little project that I call NeuerSpace. John...here's a very public "THANK YOU" for all of your help, suggestions, and general positivity.
8. To all of my colleagues, competitors and most importantly, my partners and clients, who make coming to work every day fun, interesting, challenging, and so many other things...thank you. Other than being the General Manager of the New York Yankees or writing for Grantland.com, there isn't anything else that I would rather do professionally.
9. I have the most amazing friends and family on the planet. There are too many to list, but I am thankful for each and every one.
10. Last...I am thankful that anyone reads this! So, if you have gotten this far, I really appreciate it. I will continue to try to write posts that are worth your time and energy. If you are enjoying it, please subscribe. You will get a link automatically every time I post a new entry and leave some comments so I know what I am doing right and what I can do better.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!